“When wine is taken at appropriate amounts, it is actually good for our health. Below are some reasons why you should drink wine:
* PROTECTION FOR THE HEART – When you drink a glass of wine daily, your omega -3 fatty acids level increases. This is important for our body because it fights or it prevents the inflammation of our blood vessels.
* STRENGTHENS YOUR BONES – Drinking wine regularly and in moderation will strengthen a person’s bones, especially the hip bone, by as much as 20 percent. Doctors say this is caused by alcohol increasing the estrogen levels of the body, along with other hormones which are necessary for developing strong bones.
* LOWERS THE RISK OF TYPE II DIABETES – Wine can decrease the chances for one to get type II diabetes. Studies have shown that wine can make our body more sensitive to insulin. If this happens, we become less likely to have type 2 diabetes.
If you’re some of those who have a strong fascination for wine, why not make your own? Below are instructions on how you can do it:
What you will be needing:
* a gallon of purified water
* 3 pounds of sugar
* a pound of herbs
* lemons, 2 pieces
* 2 oranges
* 4 ounce of dried fruits
* big bottle
* Fermentation lock
* Wine yeast
* Juicer and a cooking thermometer
What to do:
The very first thing you should do is to peel the lemons and oranges and extract their juices, then remove the seeds if any. Clean the herbs by removing damaged parts. Use only the stems, roots or leaves. Chop them as finely as possible. Mix purified water, juice, peel, sugar, herbs and dried fruits together in a large pot and stir. Let it boil for about 20 minutes.
Once 20 minutes is over, let it sit to cool down. Clean the bottle, make sure it’s sterile before you pour the mixture into it. You can strain this if you want to. Then add yeast to the mixture when it has cooled down to about 110 degrees F. One wine yeast packet will work for approximately 20-30 gallons. Once done, put the fermentation lock and the fill it with water.
Store your bottle in a cool, dry and dark place. Check the wine constantly and see if the yeast has started to grow (it becomes cloudy). When the wine becomes clear, siphon off the liquid, while trying not to disturb the yeast that has settled. Refill the fermentation lock and return the bottle to place. The yeast will continue to ferment in the coming days. Put the bottle back in a dark place until the wine is clear.
Once you perfect this process, you can even have your own wine tasting business or your own winery once you’re ready. Or you can just buy a wine store franchise. Whatever direction you want to take, make sure you study all the possibilities to increase your chances of success.